Saturday, September 26, 2009

Four Days Out...

My surgery was on Wednesday morning, and it is now Saturday afternoon. I was discharged from the hospital about this time yesterday. Overall, I feel pretty good. Mostly, I feel tired and the occasional spasm or tickle in my chin that even when I scratch it doesn't seem to go away.

My biggest fear, the pain, hasn't been that bad. I was not as dependent on the morphine pump as most people expected and the doctors were all surprised at how well I was doing. Dr. A and Lynn both said that I might have been one of their best patients ever. ;-) It really wasn't as bad of an experience as I was expecting.

I did throw up the first night out of surgery because of the blood, but that was it. All-in-all, I'm just trying to find the energy to keep up with my class work and figure out a way to wash my hair without getting my bandages wet.

Wish me luck. I'll post pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment