Monday, September 21, 2009

Bad, Blogger! Bad!

I've been a bad, bad blogger. It's been a while since I've posted last and I know I promised to keep this thing up to date. But, alas, here we are. My surgery is in two days. I'm not as nervous as I think I should be, but I owe a lot of that to the Surgical Coordinator at Dr. A's office an the rest of Dr. A's team. They really answered all of my questions without me having to ask them and made me feel well prepared for this adventure.

There is one minor change though. Dr. A has decided to do a genoplasty while he's in there. That, in case you are wondering is a chin advancement. They didn't really explain to me why they wanted to do it other than I'd still be too short with out it, but medically I'm sure it has some significance. I would think that if I saw my profile and saw that I was still too short I'd try posturing forward which is what started this whole mess in the first place. So...maybe that's why. I'll see a perfect jawline and not feel the need to push it forward to compensate. Hmm.... Okay. Works for me!

I've talked to a lot of people and read a lot of stories. One of the most comforting things I've heard is the pain isn't that bad. Out of all the people I've heard from, none have really complained about the pain. The one thing that did make me a little nervous was the blood in the stomach and vomiting. OH! How I hate to throw up. But, thanks to Dr. A, I don't think I'll have that problem. They use a g-tube that will suck it all out of my stomach! YAY!

So, were in the final stretch of on part of my adventure and I have to say that it came up alot quicker that I expected it to. Back in April when I first got my braces back on, I thought September would never get here. But, lo! and behold! Two days and counting...

Wish me luck!

I'll be out of work for about two weeks so I'll have plenty of time to update you with my progress and pictures.

Look for one last before picture probably tomorrow. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment