Thursday, March 12, 2009

It Starts....

Okay, this is the first post of what is going to be a very long, drawn out, process.  I don't have time to go into all the details just yet, but never fear...I will indeed go into ALL the juicy details.  Basically this blog is going to chronicle my journey through a surgical procedure known as Sagittal Split Osteotomy.  

It starts with...you guessed it:  Braces.  

I just had my spacers put in two days ago.  Next tuesday, March 17th (St. Patrick's Day...so much for the luck of the Irish), I will be getting my braces put on for the second time.  Yes, the second.  I was stupid enough the last time around to put off this necessary surgery.  But, I guess it all works out for the best in the end, because now I have excellent insurance that will be paying for the whole shebang sans my $25 deductible...and the braces ($4k--groan).  

I've been doing a lot of research lately and have found not a lot to help me learn more about what's going to happen to my face.  I've read other peoples blogs, but they weren't having the same exact surgery as me, I've looked at Oral Surgeon's websites and not seen illustrations showing what they're going to do to me.  

That got me thinking...maybe I should do my own blog and fill it with all the information I wanted to know before having my surgery.  If all goes well...I'll help at least one person feel well informed before they walk into that operating room.

All for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment